Easy And Tasty Chinese Food Recipes Ideas
Chinese food recipes hand-picked from a variety of sources, indexed by type of food, cooking technique and regional cuisine.
Chinese food is deliciously simple and extremely nutritious. Purchase a rice cooker, to add rice to every meal if and when desired. The interior is non-stick and the little pots are easy to clean. There are a number of styles associated with Chinese cuisine, including Cantonese, Shanghai, and Szechuan. Chinese noodles and steamed vegetables are also popular additions to Chinese dishes. These Easy Chinese food recipes are often quickly prepared in less than thirty minutes. Chicken is often the star ingredient.
Crockpot Cashew Chicken
Back to the meat, we come to this recipe for slow cooker cashew chicken from The Recipe Critic. Full of animal protein, healthy fats, and fiber, this dish is an example of a take-out look-alike you can feel good about eating. The breaded chicken and flavorful sauce take the homemade cashew chicken over the top, so instead of relying on takeout or Lean Cuisines, you can pull out your slow cooker and prepare a homemade meal.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
Directions: Add cornstarch and pepper to a large zip-top bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.Cook chicken until well browned on both sides, then transfer to crockpot. Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and cashews. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Serve.
With a nice tangy glaze over the chicken, this dish is perfect for a simple Chinese dinner.
- 2 tbsp of mirin
- 2 tbsp of soya sauce
- 2 tbsp of sake
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of finely grated ginger
- 2 chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 tbps of cooking oil
1. In a small bowl, mix mirin, soya sauce, sake, and sugar.
2. Heat oil in a skillet.
3. Lay the chicken in the skillet (skin side down) for 6-7 minutes, or until brown. Flip over to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Turn heat off and remove chicken. Remove oil by patting paper towel to soak oil.
5. Heat the soya sauce mixture in skillet and simmer for 3 minutes until it thickens.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook chicken with sauce for a minute.
7. Remove from heat and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes. Cut and serve with rice and vegetables.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
If beef is more your style when it comes to Chinese cuisines, this Mongolian beef recipe from Allrecipes.com is for you. You’ll start with a flank steak and add soy sauce, fresh ginger, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and a few other ingredients for a delectable dish, easily make into a meal when it’s served over rice or noodles.A quick pan fry before adding the steak to the slow cooker with create a crisp crust, providing several textural elements to the meal as well. With minimal prep, you’ll have a restaurant quality dinner in no time.
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 large green onions, sliced diagonally into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
Directions: Place flank steak and cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch. Allow to steak rest for 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir steak until evenly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Place onion, garlic, flank steak, green onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on low setting for about 4 hours.